Saturday, April 08, 2006

THE ULTIMATE X-MEN VOLUME 11: THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME -- Brian K. Vaughn


Graphic Novel
Pencils: Stuart Immonen Inks: Wade Von Grawbadger
Marvel Comics -- tpb
New York -- ©2005
ISBN: 0-7851-1659-1

On a privately owned island, a reality television show is being filmed in which mutants are hunted and killed.

Although it's been awhile since I've visited the world of mutants and X-Men, and there are a few new characters gracing the pages of this book, I really enjoyed this story. There are definitely some interesting relationships going on among the X-Men, and not just personal. This definitely made me want to read a little more (although the price on a graphic novel just seems outrageous to me [yes, I know that it's probably cheaper than the price of the individual comics, but then those seem even more outrageous]).

I really appreciated the story-line, which was NOT a "bigger, badder, more powerful than anything we've seen before"-foe kind of story, but story of ethics, justice, and international cooperation, mixed in with superheroes. Very cool.

The art was good, and had me wrapped up in the story.

A recommended graphic novel.

No comments: