Monday, October 13, 2008

ETERNALS -- Neil Gaiman

Marvel Publishing, Inc -- hc
New York -- ©2007 -- 256pp
ISBN: 0-7851-2541-8

Graphic Novel
Illustrated by John Romita, Jr.

The super-powerful (but not super-hero) beings, known as Eternals, have been living 'normal' lives, forgetful of their powers and history. Their nemesis is returning and their duty to protect is needed, but first they have to remember who they are.

#####

Most people I know, who are comic/graphic novel readers, respond with a sort of reverence when you mention the name Neil Gaiman. I'm not as familiar with his work as many are, but when I saw this book in a nearby library, I picked it up, based soley on his name.

I'm not sorry I did. It wasn't a bad book at all, but it certainly didn't have me feeling as though I were in the hands of the Grand Master.

This hardcover book is actually seven comic books together in one binding. The first three of those books were interesting. Intriguing. but then it got messy. Confusing. A little boring, actually.

I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it, but just as glad that I gave it a read.

No comments: